About the Inn
hether you’re seeking a weekend getaway, relaxing retreat or a romantic escape, we’re the top choice for your trip to New Orleans. We’re a historic boutique inn but so much more … An artsy, authentic, concierge-quality experience in a Garden District gem, we’re close to the shops and galleries of Magazine Street and St. Charles Avenue, plus Tulane University, Loyola University, Commander’s Palace, Touro Hospital, the WWII Museum and much more.
ully Mansion was designed by renowned architect Thomas Sully in 1890 for the Rayne Family. Thomas Sully, along with James Freret, formed the first architectural firm of New Orleans and is credited with shaping much of the unique architectural look of Uptown New Orleans.
The inn has nine guest rooms; three on the first floor and six on the second floor. We have renovated each room of the mansion with an eye towards modern conveniences while retaining the grace of its origins. In addition to the guest rooms, there are many unique and inviting spaces to congregate, both inside and outside the inn. We want you to feel at home and relish in the experience in living like a local here in New Orleans. Please note there is a small, friendly dog on-site.
The Sully Mansion Bed and breakfast is an exclusive property where every guest reservation is both special and valued. We realize your experience with us starts online and we aim to have every element of your experience with us pleasant, memorable and totally positive. To this end we ask that you review our polices prior to making a reservation and know we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Whether you make your reservation online or by calling us directly you will be required to acknowledge that you understand and accept these polices prior to completing your reservation.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, money orders and cash.
- All rates provided are based on double occupancy and do not include tax (9% plus $.50 per night). Additional guest is $25 per night plus tax; $50 per night plus tax for special events.
- Minimum stays are required during special events*, and some weekends, please inquire when making your reservation
- Room and any additional charges are payable in full at the time of checkout except as follows:
- Reservations made during special events* will be charged in full thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the event. Some events may require a partial payment prior to the event.
- A 3% discount will be applied at the time of check out for payments made by personal check, cash or traveler’s check.
- .CANCELLATIONS If your travel plans change or you must shorten your time with us by more than 50% a per room cancellation fees will be charged according to the following timeframes
- Notice given fourteen (14) days or more on reservations of one, (1), two (2) or three(3) rooms will be charged $30 per room.
- Notice given thirty (30) days or more on reservations for four (4) or more rooms will be charged $30 per room.
- Notice given forty-five (45) days or more on reservations for special events* will be charged $40 per room.
- Notice given in a shorter timeframe than identified above will be charged the full cost of the reservation. We reserve the right to charge the full cost of your reservation upon receipt of your cancellation request if the cancellation was made after the time frames specified below We promise to do everything within our power to rebook the room and if successful in doing so, a full or partial credit will be applied to your bill.
- CHECK-IN We are a small inn and want the opportunity to greet you personally when you arrive and help you get settled in. Please let us know when you book your reservation what time to expect you so we can make sure to be at the inn when you arrive. Our standard check in time is between 2 and 5 but we are more than happy to make alternative arrangements
- CHECK-OUT Check out is at 11:00 A.M
- SMOKING The entire inn is smoke-free. Smoking is only permitted outdoors.
- PETS Pets are not allowed although you can adopt Gracie during your stay. Please let us know if you need help with local pet boarding options.
- CHILDREN We are not well equipped to accommodate children, as a rule we do not accept children under the age of 10, if you are traveling with children please talk with us when are making your reservation.
* Special events include: New Year’s Eve, Sugar Bowl, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, Tulane Graduation, Essence Fest, Christmas, and National Sporting Championships
Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast was designed by renowned architect Thomas Sully (1855-1937) in 1890 for the Rayne Family. Thomas Sully, along with James Feret, formed the first architectural firm of New Orleans and is credited with shaping much of the unique architectural look of Uptown New Orleans.
The Mansion is the most intact of the few remaining ‘Sullys’ in the city. Original stained-glass windows, ornate ceiling medallions, heart-pine floors, grand stairway, 14-foot ceilings, the double entry door, glass transoms throughout the house, turned wood balustrades on the staircase and second floor landing, and fish scale wood shingles on the upper portions of the exterior walls are just a few of the features of this rare three storied Queen Anne-style home. Descendants of the original owner of the home still live around the corner. From the original carriage stone at the curb to the pocket doors in the foyer, this home has welcomed guests as a bed and breakfast for four decades.
The house had a cameo appearance in The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons which was filmed one block away. The immediate area is home to Sandra Bullock, John Goodman and Archie Manning. The beautiful fully restored front porch overlooks the luxurious garden and 100-year old oak tree. It provides the perfect spot for breakfast, cocktails, conversation or just taking in the air. Gracious rooms antique accents and comfortable furnishings create a casual yet intimate atmosphere.
From the East
Take Interstate 10 West towards downtown New Orleans. Take exit 234 Westbank Expressway//Business 90// Gretna. Take the third exit on Business 90 -St. Charles Avenue/Carondolet . At 2nd traffic light, turn right onto St. Charles Ave. Continue on St. Charles past Jackson Ave. and turn left onto Third Street. Go one block (stop sign) and turn right onto Prytania St. We are one block up on the right hand side at the corner of Fourth and Prytania – a large gray three-story Victorian with the blue steps. On-street parking is available on either Prytania or 4th St.
From the West (the Louis Armstrong airport)
Take Interstate 10 East towards downtown New Orleans. Take exit 234 (left hand exit) Westbank Expressway//Business 90// Gretna. Take the third exit on Business 90 -St. Charles Avenue/Carondolet . At 2ndtraffic light, turn right onto St. Charles Ave. Continue on St. Charles past Jackson Ave. and turn left onto Third Street. Go one block (stop sign) and turn right onto Prytania St. We are one block up on the right hand side at the corner of Fourth and Prytania – a large gray three-story Victorian with the blue steps. On-street parking is available on either Prytania or 4th St.
We offer a continental breakfast featuring coffee, fresh fruit and pastries. We are more than happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and food allergies, just be sure to let us know.
Breakfast is served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. daily. Weather permitting, guests are welcome to enjoy their breakfast in our tropical courtyard.