We serve a fulfilling multi-course breakfast on weekend mornings and a lavish continental breakfast including fresh fruit, homemade baked goods, quiches, yoghurt parfaits, fruit smoothies, cereals, juices, coffees and teas during the week. It doesn’t matter how long you stay, you will not be served the same food twice. During the week breakfast is served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. although we are always happy to accommodate the schedules of our business travelers who may have early meetings. Weather permitting, guest are welcome to enjoy their breakfast on the wrap-around porch or in our courtyard next to the fountain.
You cannot live in New Orleans and not take food seriously and while we would never dare to compete with the world class restaurants throughout the city, we stand by the quality and freshness of the food we serve at Sully Mansion. We use local ingredients and shop at the weekly farmer’s markets for fish, fruits and meats. We are more than happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and food allergies, just be sure to let us know.
Our breakfasts include:
- Fresh ground local coffee ,black and green tea and juice
- Home baked breakfast breads, muffins, blueberry coffee cake, scones, plain and filled croissants
- Fresh seasonal fruit dish such as poached pears in wine and pomegranate reduction, fresh berries with a ricotta orange cream, watermelon and fresh mint salad, fresh peaches or granola yogurt fruit parfait
Our signature breakfast entrees…
- Crème Brulee French Toast with homemade syrup and crisp thick cut bacon
- Eggs Sardou served on French Bread
- Crawfish Etoufee over Grits
- Cajun Boudin over Poached Eggs
- Sweet Corn and Ham Pancakes with homemade praline pecan syrup
- Gingerbread Waffles with whipped up cream
- Smoked Salmon Crepes
“A hot breakfast in a lovely dining room just at the bottom of the stairs was a delightful treat…. I had read good reviews of their meals and they did not disappoint. In addition to the hot entree, there was a great selection of fresh baked cakes, cereal, fruit, juices and smoothies. We especially enjoyed the oatmeal cake (yum)! Saturday we had Eggs Sardeaux accompanied by a spicy sausage and Sunday started us with baked French toast and bacon…. The mansion’s dining room was an excellent setting for all the guests to gather and tell stories on their historical weekend adventures. We felt like a big family by Monday!” ~ TripAdvisor.com Review